A week of variety

This week has been even more varied than usual. On Monday I was at the first of a two day consultation, Conversations with Alan Roxburgh, exploring what it means to be missional - this was very stimulating and it was a shame to leave, just as things were getting going!

On Tuesday I accompanied someone on the final part of the journey as they made the significant step back into accredited ministry after a long period out of ministry.

Wednesday I was leading a Quiet Day for Workplace Ministry, and among the things we explored together was the subject of improvisation. This was fun, at least for me, and the feedback suggests that they found it helpful too. I used some of the ideas I touched upon on Wonder and Wondering back in late April, early May 2008.

And on Thursday, I visited three churches supported by Home Mission, along with the Home Mission Grants Manager, Rachel Tole. We had a great day with three churches, each doing a significant work in very different contexts: Houghton Regis, Toddington, and Newton Longville. I came back feeling really inspired!

Today has been more ordinary, bits and pieces, odds and ends, thinking more about Sunday morning at Newport Pagnell and Baptist Union Council on Monday. But with the prospect of a day off and a performance of Brahms, German Requiem, at Christ the Cornerstone, tomorrow evening.

Comments

Popular Posts