Arrivederci - off to Rome for the EBF

I'm off to Rome for my first European Baptist Federation (EBF) Council, very early tomorrow morning. OK, so there are worse places to go than The Eternal City, although the reality is that the only opportunity for sight-seeing will be when it's over - an opportunity I'm going to seize!

I'm looking forward to meeting Baptist Christians from different parts of Europe from diverse situations. And it'll be good to connect with Arab friends from the Association of Baptist Christians (ABC) in Israel who are part of the EBF. One of the big things on the agenda is the future of the International Baptist Theological Seminary (IBTS) in Prague. I hope to have Wi-Fi, and if there's enough space in the schedule I may blog while I'm there.

Just to help get in the groove I've downloaded, Respighi's Roman Trilogy, which consists of three suites, The Pines of Rome, the Fountains of Rome and Roman Festivals. This music is described as 'picture postcard music' and is brilliantly orchestrated, and characterfully colourful. The recording I have is with Antonio Pappano and Rome's numero uno orchestra, the Orchestra dell'Accademia Nazionali di Santa Cecilia.

Comments

Popular Posts