Alpha & Omega - A Celebration in Art

On Saturday I'm taking part in an Art Weekend at Melton Mowbray Baptist Church, where I was the minister. The weekend celebrates the work of gifted artist, Brian Maunders, a member of the church. And as part of the weekend there will be an inauguration of a huge three-part mural Brian has painted in the main church building.

When I was minister at the church we explored Brian's vision and, sadly for me, it wasn't the right time. However, the time has come and when I saw the mural in progress I was very excited.

Throughout the weekend there will be an exhibition of Brian's works and techniques. The event is launched on Friday evening with a talk by Dr Angie Smith, an art historian and member of the church.  On the Saturday evening, I'm speaking about my perspective on art, music and Christianity, which is followed by a bassoon recital with Mary Cotes on piano. During the Sunday morning service Brian's work will be inaugurated.

So, if you're near Melton Mowbray over the weekend, do visit. And it would be great to see you at the evening event on the Saturday, which starts at 8.00 p.m.

Comments

Popular Posts