Viva la Vida

Just to show that my musical taste is eclectic and that I'm not a complete anorak, I'm enjoying the new Coldplay album, Viva la Vida. It's an enormously varied collection with a number of diverse influences, possibly down to the involvement of Brian Eno. Previously I've enjoyed Coldplay, but found them a bit same-y, and often I've felt as though I'm being sucked into a melancholic swamp, tunefully of course. This is different, whilst remaining Coldplay. Some interesting religious imagery - haven't a clue what it means!

Comments

andygoodliff said…
i too am enjoying the new album ... some great songs ...
Stuart Dennis said…
You are pretty prolific on the posting front, I thought I was an addict! I have all the previous coldplay CDs and like them although they can be a bit samey! What is your view on burning a copy and sending it to me?

Popular Posts